8 benefits of caregiver support groups
November 14, 2018
Research has shown that participating in caregiver support groups result in very real benefits that can significantly improve your quality of life.
Caregivers in support groups report 8 key benefits:
- Feeling less lonely, isolated or judged
- Gaining a sense of empowerment and control
- Improving your coping skills
- Reducing distress, depression or anxiety and having lower rates of clinical depression
- Developing a clearer understanding of what to expect with your situation
- Getting practical advice or information about treatment options
- Improving your caregiving ability and giving better quality of life for the older adult
- Helping you keep your loved one at home longer
Piedmont Crossing has a Caregivers Fellowship that meets regularly and lead by Chaplain Bob Symanski. Join us this Thursday, at 1pm.